Y'all I really went from Soul Food Sunday to Taco Tuesday in one meal prep. Let's get into it.
Did you know that you can cook a WHOLE chicken in a crockpot?
- Whole, uncooked chicken
- Seasoning of your choice:
- I used salt, red and black pepper, chilli powder, and garlic.
- Chicken broth or bouillon cube
- Carrots/potatoes (option 1: Soulfood Sundayl)
- Tortillas and taco toppings such as lettuce tomatoes, etc (option 2: Taco Tuesday)
I prefer to cook my whole chicken the night before so that when I wake up dinner is already prepared.
Rub chicken allover with seasoning of your choice. See ingredient list above for my choices.
Fill 1/4 of crockpot with equal parts chicken broth and water. (You may also use a chicken bouillon cube)
Add whole chicken and turn crockpot on low.
If you are feeling really fancy add cut up raw potatoes and carrots to crockpot as well to make a stew; Season the veggies with salt and pepper prior to adding.
Cook overnight (7 hours)
Soulfood Sunday: I served with a side of rice and steamed green beans.
Taco Tuesday: Shred the remaining chicken. Place in a tortilla and add toppings of your choice (I choose salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, and tomatoes.
I hope everyone had an amazing Cinco!